About Tu Casa
Since 1979, Tu Casa has helped thousands of adults and children secure their right to be safe. Tu Casa is the sole provider of free, confidential, bilingual, trauma-informed direct services to victims of domestic violence, sexual assault, child abuse, stalking, elder abuse and hate crimes and their families in the San Luis Valley (SLV).
Since our inception our mission has been to empower victims and children to live healthy, violence-free lives by educating them and the community-at-large about domestic violence and sexual assault, thereby increasing awareness of the problem.
To support healthy, violence-free lives and relationships for all children and adults in the San Luis Valley by:
- providing crisis intervention, shelter services, advocacy, and counseling for victims and survivors of domestic and sexual violence, and their non-offending family members/caregivers.
- empowering the community to affect sustainable social change through awareness building and prevention education.
- coordinating professional efforts to respond to interpersonal violence in a victim-centered manner.
Empowering children and adults to live healthy, violence-free lives. .
Our free, confidential, bilingual, trauma-informed services are provided in all 6 counties of the SLV, and include:
- 24-hour Crisis/Assistance Hotline
- assistance in filing and modifying protective orders, divorce and custody paperwork; court and Sexual Assault Nurse’s Exam (SANE) accompaniment
- assistance in accessing social services, housing and resources, including transportation and translation services
- access to emergency shelter, gas, supplies and relocation services, and emergency financial assistance for rent, mortgage or utilities
- individual and group counseling and EMDR therapy for adults and children
- Violence-Prevention Education and Healthy Relationships classes
- distribution of educational materials, presentations and trainings on related subject areas
- coordination of multi-disciplinary efforts through leadership of the Alamosa County Sexual Assault Response Team (SART) and the SLV Anti-Violence Task Force
- coordination of the SLV CAC’s services, including: forensic interviewing, family advocacy, info. and referral, and play therapy
Tu Casa also provides training and educational presentations to law enforcement, medical professionals and other social service providers on the unique needs of victims of domestic violence, sexual assault and stalking. Education presentations on violence prevention and healthy relationships are available within the 14 school districts of the SLV, as well as at local colleges and businesses. If you would like to host a presentation or training, please contact us.
Through community partnerships and interagency teamwork, Tu Casa is able to provide its clients with the best services possible. Tu Casa is a proud member of:
To learn more about our services and programs, schedule an appointment to meet with a Victim Advocate or Counselor, receive more information on domestic violence, sexual assault, stalking or a related topic, volunteer or donate, please contact us.
Check This Out!
2011 Annual Report
2010 Annual Report
2009 Annual Report
The Turning Point, Spring 2012 Edition
The Turning Point,Fall 2011 Edition
The Turning Point, Spring 2011 Edition
The Turning Point, Fall 2010 Edition
The Turning Point, Spring 2010 Edition