About Tu Casa
Since 1979, Tu Casa has helped thousands of adults and children secure their right to be safe. Tu Casa is the sole provider of free, confidential, bilingual, trauma-informed direct services to victims of domestic violence, sexual assault, child abuse, stalking, elder abuse and hate crimes and their families in the San Luis Valley (SLV).
Since our inception our mission has been to empower victims and children to live healthy, violence-free lives by educating them and the community-at-large about domestic violence and sexual assault, thereby increasing awareness of the problem.
To cultivate healthy, violence-free relationships by providing crisis intervention and advocacy for victims of sexual assault and domestic violence as well as educating the community and empowering individuals and families with ongoing counseling.
Empowering children and adults to live healthy lives free of sexual assault and domestic violence.
Our free, confidential, trauma-informed services are provided in all 6 counties of the SLV, and include:
- 24-Hour Hotline-719.589.2465 (staffed 24 hours/7 days a week, even on holidays)
- Assistance in filing and modifying protective orders, divorce and custody paperwork, as well as court accompaniment
- Assistance in accessing other social services and resources
- Emergency shelter, gas, supplies and relocation services for victims and families
- Individual and group counseling and EMDR therapy for victims and children
- Personal Empowerment classes on job skills, stress management, healthy relationships, etc.
- Distribution of educational materials and presentations on domestic violence, sexual assault, Healthy Relationships, violence prevention and related subject areas
Tu Casa also provides training and educational presentations to law enforcement, medical professionals and other social service providers on the unique needs of victims of domestic violence, sexual assault and stalking. Education presentations on violence prevention and healthy relationships are available within the 14 school districts of the SLV, as well as at local colleges and businesses. If you would like to host a presentation or training, please contact us.
Through community partnerships and interagency teamwork, Tu Casa is able to provide its clients with the best services possible. Tu Casa is a proud member of:
To learn more about our services and programs, schedule an appointment to meet with a Victim Advocate or Counselor, receive more information on domestic violence, sexual assault, stalking or a related topic, volunteer or donate, please contact us.
Check This Out!
2011 Annual Report
2010 Annual Report
2009 Annual Report
The Turning Point, Spring 2012 Edition
The Turning Point,Fall 2011 Edition
The Turning Point, Spring 2011 Edition
The Turning Point, Fall 2010 Edition
The Turning Point, Spring 2010 Edition